It's right for you if...
You’re looking for an e-MTB that’s just as ready to shred as non-electric trail bikes. You want a powerful Bosch drive system that’ll propel you up climbs so you can hit lap after lap.
The tech you get
A burly alloy frame with 150mm of rear travel that fully encases a 500Wh battery, an e-MTB optimized 160mm RockShox 35 Gold RL fork, a powerful new Bosch Performance Line CX 250W motor that assists up to 20 mph, and a Purion controller. Plus, a 1x12 drivetrain with a wide gear range so you can always find the ideal cadence for the motor, a dropper post, powerful 4-piston brakes for more downhill confidence, and 29er Bontrager wheels with nimble yet grippy 2.6" tires.
The final word
Rail 5 is our best-value long-travel e-MTB. It's equally as capable as our regular long-travel trail bikes, it just gets you back to the top in a flash. The powerful Bosch drive systems and durable part spec make for long-lasting fun.
Why you'll love it
- Rail shreds just as hard as its non-electric brethren, plus it powers you right back up the mountain—no shuttle or lift necessary
- The Purion controller has Walk Assist and an intelligent eMTB mode that automatically delivers the right amount of power based on your terrain
- Made with the same exclusive frame tech as Remedy and Slash, like Mino Link adjustable geometry, a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness, and Active Braking Pivot (ABP)
- The dropper post lets you lower your saddle on the fly so it's out of the way on descents
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
|Frame||Alpha Platinum Aluminum, Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), tapered head tube, Control Freak internal routing, magnesium rocker link, Motor Armor, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 12mm thru axle, 150mm travel|
|Fork||RockShox 35 Gold RL, DebonAir spring, Motion Control damper, lockout, tapered steerer, 44 mm offset, oversized crown for eMTB, Boost110, 15 mm Maxle Stealth, 160 mm travel|
|Headset||Knock Block Integrated, 58-degree radius, cartridge bearing, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom|
|Rear Shock||RockShox Deluxe Select+, 230x57.5mm|
|Rims/Wheels||Alex MD35, tubeless compatible, 32-hole, 35mm width, presta valve|
|Hubs||Front: Bontrager sealed bearing, alloy axle, 6-bolt, Boost110, 15mm thru axle. Rear: Bontrager alloy, sealed bearing, alloy axle, 6-bolt, Shimano MicroSpline freehub, Boost148, 12 mm thru axle|
|Tires||Bontrager XR4 Comp, wire bead, 30 tpi, 29x2.60"|
|Crankset||E*thirteen E*spec Plus, 34T, 165 mm length|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Deore M6100, long cage|
|Shifters||Shimano Deore M6100, 12-speed|
|Handlebars||Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise, 750mm width|
|Tape/Grips||Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on|
|Stem||Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8 mm, Knock Block, 0-degree, 50 mm length|
|Brakes||Shimano 4-piston hydraulic disc, MT4100 lever, MT420 calliper|
|Saddle||Bontrager Arvada, steel rails, 138 mm width|
|Seat Post||Size: S TranzX JD-YSP18, 100 mm travel, internal routing, 31.6 mm, 361 mm length. Size: M, L, XL TranzX JD-YSP18, 130mm travel, internal routing, 31.6 mm, 425 mm length|
|Charger||Bosch compact 2A, 100-240V, smart system|
|Motor||Bosch Performance Line CX, magnesium motor body, 85 Nm, 20mph or 32km/h max assist|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Crimson/Lithium Grey / X-Large||601842600962||TRE29611536L|